Head of the Laboratory - Doctor (physical and mathematical sciences), Prof. Zasedatelev Alexander Sergeevich.
Biochip nanotechnology allows fast (in several hours) identification of:
The laboratory was founded in the middle of 1980s by the Academician A.D. Mirzabekov(1937-2003), who also initiated biochip technology.
Biological microchips allow carrying out quantitative immunoassay:
- Tuberculosis and its drug-resistant forms (49 mutations). Test-system TB-BIOCHIP
- Influenza A subtypes (30 subtypes) including birds flu (H5N1 subtype).
- HIV, hepatitis B and C, herpes simplex, neonatal infections.
- Extremely dangerous infections (plague, anthrax, smallpox, etc.).
- Chromosomal impairments at oncological diseases. Test-system LK-BIOCHIP
- Genetic susceptibility to oncological diseases and individual tolerance for definite types of drugs. Test-system PF-BIOCHIP
- Individual genetic markers. Test-system IL-BIOCHIP
Development and distrbution of bichip-based test-systems is accomplished by the BIOCHIP-IMB, Ltd (in Russian).
- Prostate cancer diagnostics. OM-BIOCHIP(PSA) test-system
- Assay of six markers of oncological deseases (AFP, HCG, CEA, NSE, two forms of PSA). Test-system OM-BIOCHIP
The list of pages available in English.
Basic fundamental and applied researches and developments:
- Study of structure and functions of biomolecules and biomolecular complexes.
- Study of genetic mechanisms.
- Development of biochips for the basic researches.
- Development of biochips for the medical diagnostics and storing SNP databases.
- Development of biochip technology for custom microchips.
- Development of technology for mass production of microchips.
- Transfer of biochip technology and training of personnel by request of medical and scientific organizations.